You are invited to take part in our local history project about Broad Green and Church Alley. We want your memories, photos and stories about this area (and other areas where you have lived, to compare). Click here for the project website.
Send us your photos or tell your stories on all kinds of topics, including:
• shops and businesses
• houses and streets
• buildings, parks and fields / those which have gone, those still here today
• places of worship / Christ Church / others
• children / playing out
• school / Sunday school
• families / friends / groups
• long term residents / new arrivals
• special occasions / festivals / carnival / days out
• events and disasters / riots / fires / wartime bomb damage
• Church Alley
• London Road / Handcroft Road / Mitcham Road
• between Handcroft Road and Mitcham Road
• then and now / show us your old photos / take new ones specially for the project
• here and elsewhere / how does Broad Green compare with other places where you’ve lived?
We will be interviewing people about their memories using an audio recorder.
• Let us know if you would like to do an interview.
• Let us know also if you want to help record some of the interviews and learn to use the equipment.
Exhibition, noticeboards and online archive:
• We will be having an exhibition of the photos and stories in text and audio in Broad Green Library, launching in Spring 2013.
• We will be setting up a website/online archive of some of the photos and stories.
• We will also be putting up noticeboard(s) in and around Church Alley with information about the area.
To take part:
Contact Cathy Aitchison, Friends of Church Alley
Tel: 020 8684 2445, email: email@example.com
Or use the Reply/Comment box below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This project is funded by Croydon Small Grants.